This is my most favorite bean patty recipe. I already shared it on my Instagram a while ago but as recipes tend to get lost there, I decided to make a little remake and use the occasion to share a proper recipe post on here.
makes 8 patties
2 cans of kidney beans
7 tbsp oat flakes
1 big onion
1 glove of garlic
1,5 tsp Chili con Carne spice (or use smoked bellpepper instead )
1 can of sweet corn (about 200g)
2 tbsp of starch (e.g. corn)
2 tbsp plant oil
salt and pepper to taste
tabasco sauce (optional)
2 tbsp coconut oil for the pan
- heat coconut oil in a non stick pan and fry onions till they get brownish.
- put aside one hand of beans and a handful of corn.
- mix remaining ingredients in a blender.
- use your hands to mix in remaining beans and corn.
- divide the mass into eight equal balls and form patties out of them
- fry them from each side for a few minutes in your pan until they are done
P.s. Those patties are absolutely perfect for freezing and will upgrade every boring salad bowl transforming it to a special Mexican patty hipster bowl. That’s why I always make more of them #preperationiskey 🙂
Please use the hastag #julisnomnoms and tag me @clean_body_in the picture if you try one of my recipes. I would love to see your recreations and share them with my community ! ❤